2 classic recipes
Krémas (or Crémasse in French) is a cocktail that is sweet, spicy, creamy, smooth, but above all, tasty. The explosion of flavour of this cocktail makes it one of the most popular drinks among Haitians during the holiday season.
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 500 ml of Clairin Communal
- 3 cans of evaporated unsweetened milk
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 lime (zest only)
- Start by combining the coconut milk and Clairin Communal and leave to stand for at least 2 hours.
- In a pot, combine the 3 cans of evaporated milk, along with the cinnamon, nutmeg and lime zest.
- Heat over low heat for approximately 20 minutes to allow the milk to take on the taste of the spices. (Avoid boiling the liquid.)
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sugar, making sure it is completely dissolved. Now add the Clairin Communal / coconut milk mixture.
- Add the vanilla and one can of sweetened condensed milk and taste.
- If necessary, add the second can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Krémas can be consumed as soon as it is prepared, but it is always better the next day.
Easy-to-make long drinks